Meet the Coach
ABOUT COACH BERNARDINE:
- ACC Coach Credential via International Coach Federation
- Coach Training/Certification with Creative Results Management
- C-IQ Skills Practioner (Conversational Intelligence)
- BA in Education
- Combined 31 years of educating/training adults and children
- Train Adults in Listening, Boundaries, Assertiveness, Christian Care
- Ministry Leader 2005-2016 at SJ Denver, CO
- Speaker/Facilitator for Christian Women’s Events
- Workshops/Trainings in Communication
- Member of International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Member of Christian Coaches Network International (CCNI)
HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE WHAT YOU DO?
As a certified life coach I help women and men listen to their heart, take action and live out who they're created to be.
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT COACHING?
My heart smiles when clients have ‘AHA’ moments that transform them and move them forward.
WHAT ARE THE LIFE CHALLENGES, CHANGES AND TRANSITIONS YOU HELP WOMEN WITH?
Women and men who are:
- Stretched beyond themselves with their responsibilities
- Overwhelmed with their calendars
- In transition (transitioning to empty nest, retirement or other)
- Desiring a habit change
- Stuck making progress on a goal
- Out of sync with their faith and values
These women and men say things like:
- My mind is going 100 mph trying to figure out how to juggle my responsibilities…
- I’m busy every minute of the day yet don’t have much to show for it…
- This transition/change is harder to make than I thought…
- There are so many pieces to this project or goal, I don’t know where to begin…
- I’m overwhelmed and lacking confidence in my ability to accomplish what I want…
- I’m feeling off balance, out of routine, or out of step with my faith and values…
- I don’t seem to get to the things and people love and care about
DO YOU WORK WITH GROUPS?
Yes! I love working with groups. For 33 years I have worked with groups as a classroom teacher, adult educator, workshop leader, sports coach, Bible Study facilitator, parent and life coach. I lead Christian retreats and day events for women's groups. I facilitate workshops in communication and assertive living.
WHEN YOU'RE NOT COACHING OR LEADING GROUPS, WHAT DO YOU ENJOY DOING?
- As a connector, I love conversation over a cup of tea or coffee
- As a wife, spending time with Michael, my best friend and husband of 32+ years
- As God's child, just being and connecting faith into everyday life
- As a learner, reading books, taking class and learning to do something new
- As an athlete, exercising, watching sports and the challenge of hiking a Colorado 14er
- As a mom, engaging with and learning from our adult children
- As a grandma, smiles and the privilege to be a part of everyday life and growth
- As a daughter, spending time with my parents and the blessing of being their child
WHAT’S BEHIND THE NAME BEST FOOT FORWARD?
Answering this question gets me excited about life and coaching! My husband helped me brainstorm this name. Here’s the framework and mission of Best Foot Forward for me.
BEST, we are the BEST of His creation. God created you and me in His own image! Amazing to think about, isn’t it? Each person is fearfully and miraculously made (Psalm 139).
I see you as God’s beautiful and valued creation!
FOOT, At the foot of the cross of Jesus, our relationship to the Heavenly Father is restored. In Jesus, God sees us as perfect! We are a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17).
At the feet of Jesus, you and I are equals and new creations!
FORWARD, created in His image, restored and new in Jesus, we walk forward in step with the Spirit we’ve been given (Galatians 5:16). “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” (Ephesians 2:10). The Greek word for workmanship is the same root as artwork. You and I are God’s artwork.
I believe you are God’s work of art, He has good works for you to do
and His Spirit will lead you into them!
As a coach and working with you as a client-
"I trust God to guide you, as you put your BEST FOOT FORWARD with Him!"